My girls love pikelets or pancakes!!!
They also love good, healthy paleo foods so these are one of those things I decide to do as a weekend breakfast for the them.
Recently I noticed a recipe that has gone around Facebook for “Paleo Pancakes”. It’s really pretty simple – two eggs and one banana. I tried them but I wasn’t completely happy with the batches I made. They tended to be pretty thin and hard to flip so I usually ended up with banana flavoured scrambled eggs. Definitely not nice.
I wanted a nice, thick `normal’ pikelet, so I set about tweaking the recipe to get that result. This is what I have come up with.
- 1 medium banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 4 teaspoon of coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder (optional)
Method for Thermomix:
- Blitz banana on speed 9 for 5-10 seconds. It should be nice and smooth.
- Add the eggs, cinnamon, coconut flour and baking powder.
- Blitz again on speed 9 for 5-10 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and blitz again if necessary.
- Heat the pan – add some coconut oil and spoon level tablespoons of the mixture into a hot pan.
- Cook for half a minute or until bubbles appear on the surface.
- Turn over and cook for a minute or until golden.
- Serve warm. (If you do dairy, add a dollop of butter on top.)
- There is not really any need for any sweetener as the banana is sweet enough.
- I find that putting the ingredients into a Thermomix (or food processor) makes a nice and even mixture. There are no lumps that way and the banana is mixed through beautifully.