I recently saw a quote that said. `A cup of tea without a biscuit is a lost opportunity.’ I think that is just a way of saying that there is something nice about relaxing with a cup of tea and a biscuit (aka cookie). Add friends and it’s the perfect mix!!! Anyway, recently I have been trying recipes for things that I can have ready for when someone drops in for a cuppa and chat. This one sounded great, so with a few adaptations here it is.
- 2 large apples – chopped – leave the skin on (because that’s quicker)
- 2 cups almonds – preferably raw
- 1 cup shredded coconut – be sure to get an unsweetened one
- 2 teasp cinnamon
- 4 teasp vanilla
- 4 teasp (20 mls) coconut oil
- 3 Eggs
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F)
- Combine all ingredients, EXCEPT the eggs, in a food processor. Pulse until all the pieces are small but still a little chunky. If your food processor is not large enough to accommodate everything, do it is smaller lots.
- Combine this mixture with the eggs in a large mixing bowl and mix well
- Form the mixture into “patties” and place on a baking tray (greased or lined with baking paper to prevent sticking).
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until done.
Place all ingredients in the bowl. Mix on speed 8 for approx. 5 seconds. This can vary according to whether you prefer a more chunky cookie or a smoother one. Cook as above.
- Quick and easy.
- Tastes great.
- Freezes well.
This is definitely a healthy paleo snack recipe that will go into the favourites file.(This has been adapted from an original recipe found at http://civilizedcavemancooking.com/grain-free-goodies/apple-cinnamon-cookies/)