I’ve been looking for some quick and easy recipes that could become a regular part of our new primal menu. I decided to adapt a regular recipe to make it work. This one for Chicken Alfredo is the result and it was a hit with all the family.
- 700 g chicken
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 150 g bacon bits
- 1 Tabsp butter
- 500 mls cream
- 40 g Parmesan cheese
- 50 g cheddar cheese
- Fry up bacon and garlic with the nutmeg. Set aside.
- Fry up the chicken in the butter making sure its fully cooked through and set aside.
- Pour the cream into the pan. Simmer for 5 mins (don’t boil).
- Add the bacon and chicken and simmer for another 5 mins.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Serve with steamed `zoodles’ (4 zucchinis spiralled to look like noodles and lightly steamed. I have a machine that makes `noodles’ from vegetables.)
Note: The sauce seems not to thicken up but it does on cooling a little.
Everyone wanted seconds on this one and there was enough for a couple of extras. You could probably expand the recipe to 1 1/2 times and six people would get seconds. Even if there’s no chicken left, the sauce is great by itself on the zoodles.
We hope you will enjoy this great primal Chicken Alfredo as much as we do.