I was enjoying some hands on grand-parenting time recently – the girls and I were having a Saturday morning cook up. Miss Ames (9) decided that she wanted to create her own recipe from scratch. She wanted to make her own special cake and it didn’t take long for her to have written up a list of ingredients. I was surprised that all I had to do was have her add two more eggs to the list (to make the coconut flour/egg ration right). It turned out to be a very moist, yummy cake so I thought we should share it.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries) – defrost
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 1 teasp vanilla
- Put all ingredients, except the berries, into a mixer. Mix well. (If using a Thermomix….it’s about 20 seconds on speed 6)
- Add berries and stir to combine.
- Bake in a small cake pan. 170 C for 30 minutes.
- Delicious served warm with butter (ours was home made) or whipped cream….and some extra berries (if you have any left).
Note: this is a very moist cake that will keep well. Works well for the lunch boxes as well.