PaleOMG’s Buffalo Chicken Mini Meatloaf & Hot Sauce (from Sharon)
I saw this recipe for Buffalo Chicken Mini Meatloaf from Juli at PaleOMG and thought I’d give it a go. The recipe calls for Hot Sauce and when I was looking for it (or something that would work) in the shops I was unable to find anything.
So I hit the internet and came up with this one for Kick Ass Habanero Hot Sauce by Robyn from Grillgrrrl.com you can check out my version and Thermomix methods here
I was going to use the Thermomix for this, but really, there is not a huge amount of preparation to it so didn’t bother. I would blitz the onion and garlic together but I liked the thinly sliced up celery in it.
Buffalo Chicken Mini Meatloaf
- 500gms ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour or 1/2 cup almond flour/meal (I used coconut flour)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons hot sauce (separate recipe yesterday)
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1/4 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and use your hands to mix thoroughly.
- Put mixture into two mini loaf pans OR one large loaf pan.
- Bake for 25-35 or until chicken is completely cooked through.
- Let cool.
- WOW THAT WAS EASY!
- Firstly I doubled this (of course) as there would not have been enough for everyone.
- I didnt have chicken mince so beef mince worked just fine.
- I used one loaf tin and a muffin tin.
- First time around I added everything together except the mince but found the mixture didn’t mix through evenly enough (for my liking.) I would add all the ingredients together except the coconut flour. Then gradually add that in a bit at a time and mix it well in the mixture. I tend to sift my coconut flour in whatever I put it in as it avoids a lot of the clumpiness.
- Because I wasn’t to sure about how hot my hot sauce was going to be I didn’t add the cayenne pepper in. I didn’t have to worry. I would probably add a bit extra hot sauce in next time.
- I didn’t have celery salt but that didn’t seem to matter.
Verdict: The kids loved it. Miss Kooks inhaled it! She got hers first and by the time I sat down to eat, hers was all gone (veggies and all.) It even got the extra tick of approval with seconds called for and some going to school and work the next day for lunch.