For those of you who are looking for a nice baked treat here is a quick & easy muffin. Another great one for the school lunchbox. They freeze well…..but if you leave them on the bench for long they will be gone in a flash!!
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon coconut flour ( or 2 1/4 cups almond meal)
- 4 omega 3 enriched eggs
- 1 apple finely chopped (Granny Smith apple is nice)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Pre heat oven to 175 C
- Peel and mash the banana in large mixing bowl
- Finely chop apple & add to banana
- Add all other ingredients and mix by hand. The batter will not be super thick, but more like a cake batter.
- Using a bit more coconut oil, grease a muffin tin. Fill the tins about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes.
- You will know they are done when you can insert a toothpick into the middle of a muffin and it comes out clean. Delicious served hot out of the oven with some butter melted on top. (That’s our yummy home made butter in the picture!!) If you eat them all at once, don’t blame me… Makes approximately 16 muffins.