I was inspired to make these from a web hop and now can’t remember where I saw it (if anyone knows please leave a link in the comments so I can give credit where credit’s due).
I’d been to my favourite fruit and veg shop and picked up some mini avocados for a good price. They are the perfect size for the below recipe. I had Miss Ames and Miss Kooks home from school and kinder and thought I would make them something a bit different.
1 avocado per person (mini are great for kids)
Salt & pepper to taste
- Halve, take out the stone and peel the avocado.
- Place avocado halves onto a tray lined with baking paper.
- Put into an oven for 10 mins on 180 C
- Slice ham and grate cheese.
- Take avocados out of the oven and top with ham and cheese.
- Return to the oven for 5 minutes or till the cheese is melted.
- Serve hot.
Because the bottoms of these are rounded they are shaky on the tray. If they aren’t too mushy then slice a bit of the rounded bit off to stabilize them. There are many possible variations on these and one is to add olives (by request.)
Love this with some lime juice squeezed on them.
I have done these a few times now and each time they were eaten in no time. With the exception of Miss Mac all my girls have eaten them and loved them.